audrey

holes in my brain

status: Goodreads import in progress.

I'm just like you!

The Iron King (Iron Fey Series #1)

The Iron King (Iron Fey Series #1) - My Expectations: To be honest, I was a bit wary about reading this. The only other fey novel I’ve read (Wicked Lovely) I’ve pretty much detested, plus there was a lot of hype. I dunno, I was just a reluctant reader… I thought it would be so-soDelivery: Hurray! Above my expectations, it wasn’t really what I was expecting at all. Wonderful, enjoyable read.Put-down-ability: hmm last bit was awesome, first bit was okay. 5/10**My ThoughtsI don’t really know what to say apart from the fact that I really really liked it. But I wouldn’t be who I am if I wasn’t nitpicky… does me being nitpicky bother you? I hope not, I don’t think I’ll be changing soon.While most characters were charming (yeah, Grimalkin!), I didn’t connect that well with Meghan. Sure, her voice was delightful and kept me engaged from page one (yes! I love lovable narrators) but I never really felt her motivation, the desperation she had to save Ethan, her romantic feelings, etc. A bit more show, a bit less tell might’ve changed my mind but who knows.Also, I didn’t believe her feelings toward either boy, Ash or Puck. Can’t see what non-physical part is attractive about Ash, and Puck was a bit too “just there” for me. Choosing a team? Puck :)However, on to the good stuff! Nevernever was very well laid out, it had the potential to get messy and confusing but I think Kagawa handled it with finesse. The concept behind everything, the Summer and Winter courts, the Iron Fey, everything I was very satisfied with; it kept the adventure going without over-explanations and lag.The whole storyline was great, and Meghan I think is a generally likable character minus some minor moments of inconsistency. Puck and Ash are both appealing for different reasons, but I think I have a good idea who she’ll end up with. I am curious though, are feys as tall as humans? I think I missed that part because the glamour and whatever screwed me up xDPlease don't think that just because I had issues (I always have issues) doesn't mean I didn't like it. And the fact that I focused on issues also doesn't mean I didn't like it. I really really did, there were more than enough good parts to settle the bad. =]Recommended to fans of YA looking for a faery read! Click here.htmlfor my full review on my blog.